Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, February 19, 2007

Windows adds insult to injury

So, I'm typing away on my Ph.D. Dissertation (estimated completion for the ''99% good'' draft: March 5th-15th), and suddenly some sort of ''system error'' window gets thrown up on the screen. Uh-oh; not good.

After clicking a few ''OK'' buttons, it's clear that I can't go on. I try doing the Cntrl-Alt-Del thing, but no go -- the PC is locked up too badly. O.k., so I hit the ''Reset'' button on the PC case.

It reboots, and the blue screen helpfully comes up, to say (as per usual):


Because Windows was not properly shut down, one or more of your disk drives may have errors on it.

To avoid seeing this message again, always shut down your computer by selecting Shut Down from the Start menu.


Um -- I have a better idea: I **would** use the ''Shut Down'' option, if you wouldn't lock up on me! Stop freezing up, and I'll do it the right way.

Stop making out like it's my fault.

Stinkin' PC.


My documents don't **seem** corrupted, anyhow. Luckily I reflexively save every minute or so.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home