Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Anticipated mashed potatoes

Yep -- I was actually ill. Some sort of stomach bug. No headache, but fatigued, intermittent mild un-ease of the innards, and occassional wonky-ness of my body temperature.

Yesterday, though, I felt about 85% normal -- and The Kid was clearly on the mend as well, actually talking and being a bit squirrelly. For the first time since Sunday, I was actually up to reading for more than a few minutes. Finished off some books with only a chapter or two to go (I have several books in various stages of progress; an indicator of personality, I suppose -- lateral, rather than linear), plus some magazines. In previous days, just couldn't find a comfortable position...

Today, I feel about 97% normal. For the last day and a half, I've been wanting buttered mashed potatoes. This morning, made some with one small potato. Gooood...

Made another around 11am with three medium-sized potatoes. Still good. :)

After not having eaten except soda crackers, water, and gingerale (essentially), since Saturday, eating ACTUAL FOOD is quite a pleasure.


In betwixt my last post and this one, The Kid and I have basically just been lying around the house, watching kid DVDs and dozing. The Lady has been very good to us, going in late to work and coming home early, to look after us.


In other news: We met with the building supervisor guy this morning, as two surveyor guys staked out where the house will be built. So, looks like things are finally progressing towards getting us a house.


--GG

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Hope you are back to 100% by now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home