Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Foolish boyfriend

The following is an amusing bit from another person's blog:(http://quilldancer.blogspot.com/2006/09/interrupted-sleep.html ).

...across the street, stands a 10 foot high block wall. Beneath the street light I could clearly see a man -- beer bottle in hand -- walking the top of the wall. The woman, also with a beer in her hand, stood in the middle of the street. I put the phone down and went back to bed.

An hour later I woke to a wailing siren. Again I looked out the window. The man was still on the wall, but sitting now. The girl, still in the middle of the street, was telling a police officer, "He climbed over that guys pick-up (she pointed to the SUV in my neighbor's driveway) and onto the wall, then said he wasn't coming down until I apologized for calling him an idiot."

The police officer responded dryily, "Don't apologize."


--GG

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Stop! Thief!

Gye, help yourself anytime. Thanks for the credits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home