Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, April 24, 2006

Actually bought a CD (or two)

It's been a long time since I've bought a CD, used or new. (I usually buy used, 'cause you get more for your money -- although at the cost of a decreased, hit-or-miss selection.) We were at the mall, and I've been wanting to get the first one, The Grates' new album (their first full-length; I have their EP) for a while.

That is, the first album I got was The Grates, Gravity Won't Get You High. Local, Brisbane band, that's getting national attention. They played at the orientation day here at Uni, at the start of last school year (i.e. Jan./Feb. 2005).

But while I was in there, another one was at a reduced price -- one that I'd been meaning to get for a while, as well. Had been planning on picking it up used, whenever it bubbled to the surface, but ah well. The Gorillaz, Demon Days, and all cartoon group (supposedly). Caught their music videos; catchy tunes.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home