Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, April 14, 2006

Keyboard cleverness?

O.k., so my ''new, used'' machine isn't playing nicely. This caused my thoughts to turn back to the other ''bad'' machine -- the one with the ''no keyboard'' error.

The mouse and keyboard are both jacked in to the PS/2 ports. If it's a physical problem with the ports -- maybe a bad solder to the motherboard -- maybe the workaround is to try a USB keyboard instead.

This is a four-day weekend (Friday thru Monday), but I'm going in to work Saturday (tomorrow) plus one other day, due to my losing several hours by looking after The Kid this week. (Fun, though!) I'll borrow the keyboard off my machine on Saturday, and bring it back the other day.

If this work-around succeeds, I can at least burn some Linux CDs. I'll have to buy a USB keyboard of my own, of course -- but it it works, I'm o.k. with that.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home