Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, April 14, 2006

Sweet daughter

At the Good Friday service this morning, we sat with my wife's parents. My wife's mom looks after The Kid most workdays while The Lady and I are at work.

Going up to Communion, The Kid held her mom's hand with one hand, and her Gran's hand with the other. Then she looked up, saw me (Dad), and let go of Gran's hand to take mine.

Maybe it's a little thing, but I appreciated the gesture: That I'm in the Top Two. ;)


It was made all the more special to me that I know that kids her age are without guile: It wasn't a strategic, ''sucking up'' move; she truly wanted me over her Gran. Despite the fact that, because Gran gets her most days, 8am-5pm, M-F, Gran probably logs more hours with her than I do.


Very sweet. :)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home