Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, February 27, 2006

Hey -- y'know what time it is?

The Lady and I have a tradition on exchanging small (<$10) gifts on Valentine's Day. This year, she gave me a green ''soft toy'' (i.e. stuffed animal) froggie with a yellow belly; when you squeeze him, he goes "ree-bip, ree-bip" three times.

I brought him in to work; he sits on top of my PC tower (next to where I put my glasses case and computer glasses/regular glasses -- depending on which ones I'm wearing at the time).

Just thought of this today: Whenever it's time for something -- going to lunch, going home, the Slushie run -- I ask my co-workers, ''Hey, you know what time it is?''

Then I squeeze the frog: ''ree-bip, ree-bip'', etc.

''It's Frog-o'clock!!!'' I exclaim, happily!


We'll see how long until they're sick of it. ;)


--GG

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of when you used to hold up a pair of Ankhs to your customers at one of your jobs years ago and would say, "What're these?" to which they'd say, "Ankhs". And to which you'd say with a cheezy grin, "You're welcome!" Glad to see the spirit lives on :-)

 
At March 07, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

But of course! :)

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home