Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Shaving experiment

I can't even claim to shave on a semi-regular basis: it's more need-based, like when I'm attending a wedding; or when it's been a week or two. You'd think that, given my age (mid-thirties), I'd have fallen into a regular shaving routine by now. And I guess I have.

Friday I decided that I'd let it go long enough, so I needed to shave. But, we left unusually early that morning -- so I thought I'd just shave at work.

Tore up my face that morning, shaving. Could've been that I was using the first out of a pack of cheap, generic disposable razors. The shaving cream was the same as what I usually used. But, it could've been a combination of the cheap razor and the cheap, generic shaving cream.

On our trip to Tasmania, I hadn't brought shaving cream, so I used hand lotion, reasoning that women often use that when shaving their legs. It worked well.

Thus, earlier tonight, I experiemted: the left side of my face got hand lotion, and the right side got shaving cream. Used the same razor as I used at work.

The result: The lotion side had one small bleeding, stinging spot; the shaving cream side had three.

But, this time it had only been two days since my last shave, rather than one week as per usual. So, although there was a slight improvement with using hand lotion instead of shaving cream, both sides were far less damaged than when I had waited a week between shaves (i.e. on Friday). So: Maybe shaving on a regular basis is the secret; maybe I'd bung up my face less if I shaved on a near-daily basis.

Hmm...


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home