Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, March 09, 2019

First day of vacation

I'm taking a week's vacation -- just because I felt like taking a week off work.

No specific plans; definitely no travel:  just doing stuff around the house -- a mix of "what I 'ought' to do", and "what I feel like doing".

The last few times where I take an arbitrary vacation, I end up thinking it was the best vacation ever -- but I only remember portions of what I've done.  So this time, I'm taking better notes.


So:   Saturday, March 9 -- my first day of vacation.  Puttered around the house, put some laundry on, watched some various videos on YouTube.  No particular aims to be "productive":  just recovering from the week. 

The family went out to run some errands:  I took a beautiful, beautiful nap from about noon 'til 3pm.  Some interesting dreams -- although they faded when I woke up (which was appox. when everyone got home).

In the afternoon (pretty soon after my nap), recruited the kids to help me empty out the jumble of our pantry (NOT a "walk-in"; the size of a closet):  did a "bucket brigade" of me handing things to one of the kids, who then handed it to another kid, who stashed it somewhere nearby.  Then I wiped down the shelves.


I also ran some of the plastic baskets (totes?) through the dishwasher.


Had dinner:  I think it was a fast-food burger, followed by a bowl of cold cereal (not sure; I'm writing this two days later).

Watched the first half of the movie Get Out on Netflix.  Kinda interesting -- but not so much that I was compelled to stay up past my bedtime just to finish it.


Noodled around on my 4-string acoustic guitar for a bit, while watching Netflix.  Bought the guitar for AU$15 (negotiated down from AU$19) -- so about $12 American.  A good tone -- but the bridge is broken so you can't mount the top and bottom strings.  I have the guitar tuned to E A D G, which is the tuning of the four thickest strings -- which is the same as an electric bass, but an octave away.  Decided to swap out the strings and tune them to the "proper" middle string tuning:  A D G B.



--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home