Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, December 09, 2018

Netflix is limited

For the last few years, whenever I checked out a pawn shop or thrift store I'd browse through the DVD section -- in part because I like movies, but also because we hadn't got around to accessing "movie streaming" technology.

Yesterday The Lady signed us up for Netflix.

It looks promising -- but I won't be selling off my DVD collection:

-They don't have The Last Starfighter
-They don't have Yojimbo
-They don't have Scott Pilgrim vs The World


So:  we'll probably be using the local DVD rental kiosk less, to rent the recent releases.  And I've found a few Netflix series that look interesting.

But movies that are a bit old, or a bit outside the zone of popular tastes?  Looks like I'll have to stay with DVDs.

At least, here in Australia:  maybe there's a wider selection if you live in the U.S.


--GG


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home