Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, July 24, 2015

Solitary hobbies

I think that hobbies can classified into three broad categories: solitary hobbies; group hobbies; and hobbies that can be either.


For example, solitary hobbies are:

-model boat building
-woodworking
-computers
-electronics
-writing
-reading
-collecting quotes
-sewing
-scrapbooking


Group hobbies are:

-tennis
-soccer



And, hobbies that can be either solo or group are:

-visiting the opera, seeing concerts and plays, going to movies
-weightlifting (i.e. you could go with a friend, or by yourself)
-hiking
-camping
-going to sporting events
-songwriting
-recording songs
-playing musical instruments
-cooking
-dancing
-golfing
-gardening


These aren't exhaustive lists, of course.  But the ones that came to me were either solitary, or "flexible":  not too many were inherently "group".


I found it interesting that all of my major and minor interests were either "solo" or "solo/group" -- which I practice solo.

Specifically woodworking, songwriting, recording, playing music, gardening -- I do 'em by myself.


Hm.


--GG

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home