Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Book review of As You Wish -- a Princess Bride book

As You Wish, by Cary Elwes.


As the book's subtitle explains, it is Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride. A lot of interesting behind-the-scenes information on the casting and making of the movie, as well as the aftermath.

Engagingly written: if the book had been informative but a trudge, then I wouldn't have devoured it the way that I did. I don't know the last time I'd cranked through a book at this rate, forgoing my “productive” evening and weekend tasks for this book. Started reading it Friday night, and stayed up late Friday (and Saturday!) to finish it.

Unfortunately, it just came out last year, so it's still only available in hardback – so, not as economical as if it was in paperback. You can be supportive and give Cary Elwes (who played The Man in Black) some royalties anyhow – or you can try to borrow it from your library.

Or, if you live nearby, you can borrow it from me.


If you enjoy The Princess Bride, I think you'll enjoy this.


Oh: and safe for the kids, I believe.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home