Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, January 06, 2012

Quasi Christmas

My first weekend in the U.S., my folks held a remedial Christmas for me: a family gift exchange, plus the food things.

Rcv'd lotsa great things (not that Christmas is about receiving gifts. Actually, part of it **is**.). Included many argyle socks from my parents (oddly, can't find them in Australia), and a instructional book on Krav Maga from my brother.

The socks pictured to the left aren't the gargoyle socks I received: it's just an illustrative image I grabbed from the internet.

Yeah, one of my standard puns is to call them ''gargoyle'' socks. My other one is to use ''gerbil'' for ''herbal'' -- e.g. ''gerbil tea''. It amuses me. Quietly.


--GG

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 06, 2012 12:58 PM, Anonymous Giovanni said...

That's a great idea. Next time somebody talks about using St. John's Wort to cure this or that, I'll let them know that I'm skeptical of Gerbil Remedies. Thanks.

 
At March 06, 2012 10:41 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

LOL! :)

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home