Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Firefly ubiquitious

As I mentioned in a recent post, I was introduced to the t.v. series Firefly during my Seattle trip: my brother showed me the pilot double-episode, and Guitar Cousin and I spent three evenings blasting through the entire Firefly series on DVD.

I had heard of Firefly for years, esp. thru the online comic strip XKCD -- but never got around to checking it out.

A few e-mails confirmed my suspicions: of the five households I'd stayed in thus far (including Guitar Cousin's), all males except my dad owned Firefly on DVD. (The tally: brother, Old Roommate, No-Tower, Guitar Cousin). Guitar Cousin says this is simply a reflection of my friendship circle. :)


FWIW: my favorite characters are Kaylee (of course! who doesn't like Kaylee?), and Jayne ("Isn't that a girl's name?"). Not that I **like** Jayne, as an individual: but it's a good character. :)


--GG

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 06, 2012 12:54 PM, Anonymous Giovanni said...

The double-episode of Firefly was great! I'd never heard of it before -- but my computer/tech male friend had!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home