Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, June 02, 2011

All hopped up

On Monday, I did a guest (university) lecture for my wife's co-worker's class. It went darned well: I had fun, the students seemed interested (and I got several laughs), and I managed to insert to Johnny Mnemonic references and a Monty Python - Holy Grail reference.

I got back to work around noon, and was so hopped up that my supervisor (jokingly?) asked if I was on speed.

Nah. I just enjoy teaching.

I guess I miss teaching. And unlike my wife, I actually enjoy writing lectures (she just puts up with it). Maybe some day I'll go back and do the professor thing.

But - being a govt. guy is good, too. I work less hours than my wife (who is a professor), but for the same pay.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home