Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Movie review of Juno

Finished watching Juno tonight. Teenage girl gets pregnant, decides to give the child up for adoption.

Very good. Amusing, though not laugh-out-loud (at least, not for me). Quirky characters, good dialog, believable situations. Also a great "here's why I love you" scene, in the vien of that When Harry Met Sally scene near the end.

Watched it on DVD over three days, and really looked forward to seeing the next installment.

Very meaningful to me, because I'm a dad, and also because back in college my girlfriend's sister gave a baby up for adoption.

Really enjoyed it -- but not the sort that I'd watch over and over again, so not gonna buy it.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home