Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gravel

For the past few weekends, I've spent a few hours either Saturday or Sunday shoveling and raking gravel, in an attempt to fill in the darned big mud puddles in front of our carport.

For the first three (or was it two?) weekends, I'd basically been doing one cubic metre per session. But two weekends ago I decided to just pay the $25 delivery fee and get four cubic metres all at once.

That's the pile that you see, there. Each stripe on the stick is 10cm (about four inches). And the can of soda is also there as a size indicator.

I've shifted about 60%-80% of it, with just a spade and a wheelbarrow. Another two sessions and I reckon it'll be all spread.


Homeowner Guy.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home