Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, May 07, 2011

My musical buddy?

Discovered this band called "Telekensis". Actually one guy, who plays most (or all?) of the instruments.

The song "Imaginary Friend" sounds like something I might have written, both lyrically and musically:

When I was young I had imaginary friends
and boy did we have fun
One day my mother told me they were just pretend
and then I had no one
Building castles out of dirty, smelly sand
and baking in the sun
Hear the sound of the popsicle man
and we'd run, run, run, run, run, run, run...


And musically, here's how it goes:




Two things of note:

One, that when on tour, he chooses to be the drummer (most solo singer-songwriter types choose to play the guitar while singing).

And, two, that he's from Seattle. Like me!

Maybe he's my long-lost musical twin...


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home