Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A whole lotta miscellania

Sometimes I have busy blog weeks, and sometimes I have slow. Usually I "save up" blog entries, to fill in the gaps. But I already have a backlog, so...


-Here's a snapshot (self-portrait!) of what I look like in my "office guy" mode. Notice how I've cleverly worn a tie that matches the marble walls in the men's room.



-When I started at my new job, I asked about using one of my trackballs from home -- but was told by our office HR guy that because the I.T. policy is fairly strict, I wouldn't be allowed to: he'd asked about three years ago to bring in his own trackball from home (he, too, prefers them to computer mice) and was told "no".

But, I figured it was worth a shot -- so, the next time I was on the phone with the I.T. helpdesk, I asked about it -- emphasizing that it was "plug & play", and thus wouldn't involve installing any additional drivers. And the guy said "sure". So, I brought in my trackball from home. I also told our HR guy, who was pleasantly surprised.

So today, while walking past his desk, I noticed he'd replaced his mouse for a trackball. Good for him. :)

One small, positive change I've made in the world.


-Finally, a bit of a follow-up to yesterday's posting about the dark storminess: here's the same view, at approximately the same time of day -- but **without** the storm clouds.



That's all for now. :)


--GG

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2011 7:56 AM, Blogger IT (aka Ivan Toblog) said...

"...tie that matches..."
You should get a raise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home