Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Finally played guitar

About a week ago, I e-mailed some snapshots of my home office fulla boxes to Guitar Cousin and Rocket Scientist, as a way of illustrating why I never get around to playing electric guitar: nowhere to stand, so I have to drag all my stuff out to the kitchen, set up, and then bring everything back when I'm done. Takes about ten minutes each direction -- which means that if I only have a half hour to myself, then all but ten minutes is taken up with the setup/breakdown.

RS made a passing comment that indeed, it **would** be hard to play guitar amongst all those boxes. Somehow that comment inspired me: so, last night I spent an hour or so shifting boxes around, which resulted in a 4ft x 6ft cleared zone.

Today, during the boys' naps, I actually got to noodle around on the guitar. Nothing serious. Pretty fun, though! :)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home