Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just when you think the well has run dry

Just when I think that maybe I'm out of songs...

On the way to work Tuesday morning, I came up with a song concept, then a decent start to the lyrics (had to turn off the radio, so as to not block the flow). Also, most of the arrangement (i.e. the instrumentation).

When I got to work, I pulled out my laptop and spent about ten minutes in the parking lot jotting down lyrics and misc. ideas for the song.

Stylistically, it's like most of my songs: not instrumentally complex, but fun, and catchy.

Basically, it's about "When I was your age, I wanted to be -- a rock star." Conceptually similar in many ways to my Guitar Cousin's "Three Man Band" song -- including (probably) being bookended by the above phrase. It's semi-fictionalized, autobiograhical. (Fictionalized in that I can't be bothered to figure out the exact ages at which I did things.)

Realistically, I'll record it in 18-24 months... ;)


--GG

(Image from http://www.brieannarobertson.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home