Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Semi-annual haircut

I'm cheap, or just have better things to do with my time, so I tend to let my hair grow out, then shave it back to almost nothing: I do this two or three times a year.

After trying for about two weeks to find time to cut my hair --The Lady also needs to be available, to tidy the loose ends -- I finally managed to on Sunday night. As usual, The Girl wanted to help by using the clippers. And as usual, I documented the various stages.


At left is the ''before'' photo: poofy hair, poofy beard.

First, I took the clippers to my moustache (The Girl asked me to do this myself, as she was afraid of nipping my nose with the clippers).

So, here's my Quaker look:


And, here's my Amish look:


(I'm sure that there's more difference than Quakers=jolly and Amish=serious. Also, I should've worn my straw yardwork hat for the Amish pic. Ah well.)


Then The Girl shaved off my beard.


It was about this time I went out to the family room to show my wife and sons our progress. B1, upon hearing my voice, figured ''Eh -- it's Daddy,'' and went back to his desert.

B2, however, looked very concerned: his lip started trembling, and when I leaned forwards (a bit suddenly, I admit) to talk to him, he jerked backwards in his high chair.

Then he started crying, and The Lady had to pick him up and hold him:

Not sure if he didn't recognize me -- or just preferred me with a fuzzy beard.


But -- too late to turn back now! So, The Girl she shaved off the rest of my hair:


I went back to the bathroom (where the hair-cutting occurred), and took a few more photos. B2 wandered in, and was happy: either he was distracted by the opportunity to have his picture taken, or else Daddy taking photos with the digital camera was quintessentially ''Daddy'', thus proving my identity. Dunno.

Either way, he's all smiles, now:


(The Girl is trying to get him to look upwards, at the camera.)


And thus, the start of another hair-growing cycle. Will probably do this again in October or so.


--GG

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2010 11:31 AM, Anonymous Dadbert said...

Just like the sheep for which your adopted country is famous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home