Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, October 02, 2009

Spam for the gullible

Well, I guess **most** spam is aimed at the gullible. But this one was less typical than usual, so I thought I'd share:

Joy Joy

my name is Joy am i always hearing people around me talk about friends. My coworker, my friends, I have to say that I actually like it. If you want, here is my email in case you'll like to stay in touch(joybaby2009@ymail.com) then i will send you my photo for you to know who i am. Well, I was surfing through the site to see if I knew anyone, and I came across yours. I know we don`t know each other but maybe we would like to meet. You sound cool It's as though we have a few things in common, so here I am writing....


I mean, the author isn't a very clear writer. What website is this person referring to? How desperate for friends must you be (if this was actually legit) to e-mail people to be buddies, just because you liked their website? And is this aimed as gullible, slightly pathetic guys who are hoping to get a photo of (and be e-mail pals with) some mystery girl?

Oh: and the "ymail" (looks passingly like ''gmail'') domain name is a nice touch.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home