Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Scavenger me

They're building a house a half block away from The Girl's daycare. So, after dropping her off this morning, I pulled up and asked one of the guys if I could take the scrap 2" x 4"s from their dumpster.


I could.


So, filled the trunk up with 2" x 4" scraps, ranging from about 2 ft. to 4 ft. long.

Also grabbed a few offcuts of white PVC pipe, about 6" diameter and 1-1/2 to 2 foot long. I have a collection of them under a tarp in the back yard: will eventually make a simple wooden frame, and fill it with a honeycomb of the pipes (see sketch).

I've heard it's good for storing your scrap dowels and long, narrow wooden scrap (e.g. 1" x 1"; pieces of trim). Keeps 'em sorted, and it makes it easier to take something from the bottom of the pile, as you don't have the whole weight of the entire stack pressing down on the one you want.


--GG

2 Comments:

At July 02, 2009 5:56 AM, Blogger slag said...

You're never hanging out with Four Tower unattended again. Who knows what you guys could get into.

 
At July 04, 2009 11:22 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

LOL!

Did I mention that I recently picked up a 512MB hard drive - just for fun? :)

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home