Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two movies

Well, now that my Dissertation draft is turned in, we've actually rented a movie or two:

Mama Mia: I liked it, despite fully intending to not like it. Even if you're a grumpy old grouch like me, you should go rent it: an 88% chance that you'll be grinning and singing along, despite yourself.

The Holiday (2006): Pretty good, if you like Romantic Comedies (which we do). (Basic plot: one woman dumps a boyfriend for cheating on her, and another one gets frustrated over an ex-lover. They swap houses for a ''get away from it all'' two weeks: L.A. mansion vs. small English cottage.) Although I found the Cameron Diaz-Jude Law romance more plausible than the Kate Winslet-Jack Black hook-up (which seemed rather abrupt, to me.)


--GG

1 Comments:

At February 26, 2009 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about Momma Mia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home