Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Teeny little PC

Saw this briefly on the news. Invented in Australia!!!

However, when I tracked down the details, I was a bit dissapointed: I thought it was the Mac Mini, to the ultimate extreme: a teeny low-wattage PC, with just enough ports for your keyboard, monitor, mouse, and etc.

Turns out it's a thin client (I'd missed the first part of the news story). Which means all the software you run (word processing, web browser, e-mail...) is on your home server.

Still, has potential: US$99.

http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2008/10/australian-designed-99-computer.html


--GG

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2008 12:33 PM, Blogger slag said...

Kinda cool. But you still need monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. You just like it cuz it's green.

 
At October 28, 2008 9:39 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

That's probably true.

That said: a Mac Mini is on my list. It's just that the "used" prices are still kinda high, for my tastes.

AU$200 (about US$150), I'd go for it.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home