Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lost cat, record collection, Daddy's role

I try to avoid putting multiple posts under one date -- I don't like the resulting formatting -- so here's a combo.



First, a ''Lost Cat'' ad that I found on a coffee table in the Psychology department's breakroom. You'll either think this is hilarious, or you won't ''get it''. Either way is fine. :)

(If the text is too small for ya -- click the image to make it bigger.)






Also, this guy is selling off his record collection of about three million records (poor health, some financial issues). When he reached 160,000 albums a few years back, he had to move it to a small warehouse...


Finally, yesterday when my wife was combing The Girl's hair, some teeth on the comb broke off, so my wife threw the comb away. This morning The Girl was asking where the comb went, and my wife told her it was broken. The Girl suggested ''Daddy fix it?'' So, I'm tickled that that's part of how she sees me: someone who fixes things.


Oh, wait: not ''finally''. Today, I found out two additional commonalities with the mapping guy from work. I'm a Windows guy who's trying to (slowly) migrate over to Linux; he's a Mac guy; but we both use Open Office.org (but with group-influence pragmatic residual use of MS Office). And also, he was wearing a Wing Chun t-shirt today, so I asked him if he had taken Wing Chun. Turned out he hadn't -- but had taken several years of Tae Kwon Do, and was (like myself) a lapsed, casual martial arts guy.

AND -- eldest child; family of four kids.


Ahh, the parallels... :)


--GG

1 Comments:

At March 02, 2008 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The add in itself was amusing, but it took me a while to realize what the creature in the picture was. Brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home