Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, January 18, 2008

Does my daddy heart good

Today, while running errands, my 3yo daughter said to me: "Daddy, can I have a serviette [Aussie for "paper napkin"] please? I spilled slushie on myself."

This warms my daddy-heart to no end, for a number of reasons:

1) I still can't get over being addressed as "Daddy". For you non-parental-types: It's like being non-relationshipped for the longest time, then getting addressed as "Honey"or "Sweetie" or whatever.

2) Daughter, like Daddy, digs the slushie.

3) We've trained her well enough that she knows to say "please".

4) She knows to try to clean herself up when she spills, rather than just staying messy and sticky.


Good stuff, all of it. :)


--GG

5 Comments:

At January 28, 2008 10:33 AM, Blogger slag said...

Much smarter than a monkey?

 
At January 29, 2008 12:42 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Yep!

Although, it's debatable as to whether she's smarter than those sign language gorillas. :)


--GG

 
At January 29, 2008 4:04 PM, Blogger slag said...

Fair enough. Those sign language gorillas are pretty smart.

 
At February 06, 2008 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see the part where she said, "please" in your story...

 
At February 10, 2008 12:23 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Excellent catch! A typo; I've now corrected it.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home