Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, May 14, 2007

Sadly, seems like everybody's doing it

During the 2-3 years after I graduated from college, it seemed like every few months I was invited to someone's wedding. Just what happens at that life-stage, I suppose.

Sadly, I now seem to be at the other end of the process: divorces.

Every month or two, it seems like I'm learning about someone else getting a divorce: a lady I know from my wife's work; my relative, Giovanni; and the latest, today.

I was at a meeting at work today, and unexpectedly a lady I know from 1998[?], then lost touch with, was at the meeting. Turns out that her husband dumped her early this calendar year: they went jogging in the morning, then he went off to work while she worked from home. She checked e-mail, and discovered a 4-5 page attachment which was a letter from her husband, saying things weren't working out, and that he'd text her later that day to see if he could stop by that evening to pick up some things. Classy.


On a brighter note, I'm liking my new job. Although it turns out that my timesheet wasn't processed, because they lost the tax form I filled out. Which means my getting network access is further delayed. Gar.


--GG

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2007 2:46 AM, Blogger fooiemcgoo said...

i rather liked the part where the couple went jogging and then got a divorce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home