Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dilbert-like situation

So, at my new job, I can't get access to the network (or get an e-mail account, or internet access) until three or four days after I submit the special I.T. form.

The I.T. form requires my employee number.

And I don't get an employee number until I submit my first timesheet.


The clever work-around, suggested by the office staff, is to turn in a timesheet, with just one's first day's hours, to get the process moving. This sounded pretty clever, given that I started last week, and the end of the pay period is this coming Friday: this would expedite things by a week and a half.

So, today I phoned the H.R. folks to for my employee number. They claim they don't have any timesheet from me. Our office lady says she sent it in last week.

My guess is that my timesheet is sitting on someone's desk -- and that they're planning on processing it at the end of the pay period: this Friday.

Ah well.


So: Been working a few days a week, this week plus last week. Brought my wife's laptop in today, so I could actually type things.

If my employee number gets generated this Friday, I might be able to have network access and departmental e-mail... by next Friday.


--GG

1 Comments:

At May 15, 2007 8:19 AM, Blogger zirelda said...

I have to laugh as I read this.

Love the circles life leads us through sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home