Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pics of my two new guitars

This is an update of a recent post, where I discussed buying two guitars from the **very** recommended used guitar, bass, f/x pedals, drums, synths, mics, and etc. shop in Seattle, Washington. Literally 60-80 acoustic guitars, maybe 120 electric guitars and 80 or so electric basses, hanging from the wall. All at very reasonable prices. Ahhh....

Anyhow, here's a shot of the US$59 electric guitar that started the whole thing off:



And, here's the acoustic guitar I ended up getting, as well:

Again, I really like -- not just the sound -- but the color of the acoustic guitar.

As I've probably mentioned before, I only collect ''users'' -- and ones that look a little ''different'', and that appeal to **me**. Thus, I'm unlikely to bother paying mega-thousands on a nineteen-sixty-whatever original Stratocaster; much more likely to buy cheap, weird stuff -- as long as they actually play o.k.


At the moment, these two guitars -- plus an blue Ibanez electric bass that I ''folded in half'' (i.e. unbolted the neck) and for the past two or three years have been trying to take home from Everett, but it wouldn't fit in my suitcase (after everything else had been packed) -- are sitting in a crate, along with a sofa from my grandparents' house that I'm very sentimental over. I should have the guitars here in time for Christmas -- which would make a perfect justification (i.e. ''They're my Christmas gifts!!!'').


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home