Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, July 21, 2006

Seattle Monkey

On my recent trip to Seattle (I've forgotten which month...), The Lady, The Kid, and myself spent the day hanging around with Old Roommate and his very sweet ladyfriend. Old Roommate brought his digital camera along.

This is his snapshot of me, rendering my interpretation of an espresso bar called ''Monkey Grind.'' For those interested, it's in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle. The have a fair amount of logo-themed merchandise for sale, if you're into mechanical monkeys.

Out of courtesy to Old Roommate's girlfriend -- she's a bit camera-shy -- I've whited-out (or rather, ''greened-out'') her bemusedness.

My dad used to do these ''monkey things'' (and probably still does, as the occassion suits), and I'm just carrying on the tradition. I'm looking forwards to when my daughter is old enough to be embarassed by her dad. Although, depending on her upbringing, she may just play along: we'll see.

''Ook ook.''


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home