Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, December 26, 2005

Will get old family tools

Good Christmas at my parents' place: More than 20 people, including all my sibs and their kids, and the paternal aunts, uncles, cousins, and assorted partners.

My Computer-Uncle mentioned that he had a few old woodwrking handtools somewhere in storage, which belonged to my Great-Grandpa Aos (Norwegian; Ellis Island shortened from ''Tommeraas''), who was a finishing carpenter. A handplane or two, a mitre box, a breast drill [so-named because the butt end has a plate you hold against your chest for extra pressure).

Probably not of interest to his two sons, who also do woodworking but tend to use power tools. But my brother and I both tend towards hand tools, so this would be most excellent (to invoke Bill and Ted) to acquire. We'd both provide good homes for 'em.

Since my brother lives in town, whereas I live in another country, my uncle will hand them off to him, and my brother and I will equitably divide them.

Best gift for my Everett-Seattle Christmas: Probably a 12(?)-set of pliers!!! :)


Completely switching topics, I bought a Jughead digest for US$3.50(?) at the local grocery store a few days before Christmas, and today I bought an Archie digest for US$2.39. IIRC, can't find them in Aussie-land.


--GG

1 Comments:

At December 27, 2005 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We collect Archie comics--got two boxes in the closet. I'll ship some off to you shortly. Good to hear you had a good Christmas, us too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home