Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, October 09, 2005

WIFMD -- part one million, five hundred and two

Had two more ''When I Finish My Dissertation (TM)'' thoughts today:

(1) When having an early lunch as a multi-national fast food chain represented by a clown: building a indoor playhouse for The Bub. About 2m x 2.5m, with a door, a window on each wall (but no glass; but with curtains), a kid-sized bunk (just one bed, not a double-decker), a table against the wall and three chairs, and counter with a fake sink and fake stove. Make it out of 2"x4" and plywood. Won't fit in our current place, but build it soon after our house gets built (whenever that will be!).

(2) When grocery shopping with The Lady and The Bub, with a caseload o' happy feets in my legs: buy a pair of tap-dancing shoes and wear them everywhere, teaching myself (or maybe buy a book?), going tippata-tapata, tippata-tapata as I walk everywhere. I figure: (1) if ya gots to go from ''point A'' to ''point B,'' may as wells have fun with it; and (2) if I do it [tap dancing] as part of my daily life, I'll eventually get good at it.

Checked the local classifieds for used tap shoes, just to get a sense of prices. Generally thirty to forty dollars -- but only kids' or women's sizes.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home