Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Singing in the shower slows you down...

...which, when I typed it, reminded me of "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down..." (existing song lyrics; forget which song).

Discovered, by accident, the key -- for myself, at least -- to taking brisk, efficient showers: Not singing. This morning we were running late, so I meant to take a speedy shower. But, I started singing: nothing in particular, just nonsense; then a song by a Seattle band called Bell that I like, which maybe someday I'll cover; then an idea for a Goth-y (or maybe Nine Inch Nails-ish) song about pulling up negative memories whenever you want to nestle into a good, solid mope.

And then I realized, hmmm -- been in here a while. And I had.


So, memo to myself: For a speedy shower, no singing!!!


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home