Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The irony of eyeglasses

To my fellow wearers of spectacles out there...

I have two or three fixed places that I put my glasses when I'm not wearing them: On my nightstand when I'm in bed; on the landry basket lid when I'm in the shower. But sometimes I set them down elsewhere, like when I take a nap on the sofa.

And then I can't find 'em. So I try to look for them -- but of course I'm impaired in my ability to hunt for them because -- of course! -- I can't see!!!

Eventually, I do find 'em -- mostly by touch.


I suppose the analog would be someone with false legs who can't reach the shelf they're on without the legs.


Also, "The Irony of Eyeglasses" would make a good album title.



--Travis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home