Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Missing food

In a recent e-mail exchange, a friend from Seattle (now in California) asked me if I missed the U.S. I replied just food things, plus some specific people (i.e. family and friends).

Tonight I was reminded of another food item: frozen burritos. Compared to the U.S., not a whole lot of Mexican immigrants to AU (go figure...). So, we're pretty limited as to the Mexican food available. Over the last five(?) years, a mass-market Mexican food supplies (taco shells, burrito wraps, etc.) has finally hit the shelves. But, only one Mexican restaurant that I've seen around here, and no fast food (e.g. Taco Time, Taco Bell).

Back when I lived with Old Roommate, one of my dietary staples was frozen burritos. I'd usually have two for dinner: I'd mix it up between the bean & cheese, beef & bean, and spicy beef (I was never in to the chicken & bean). As I recall, an eight-pack was around five bucks, or maybe less.

Anyhow, tonight was a ''get your own'' dinner, and I missed being able to toss some frozen burritos in the microwave...


--GG

1 Comments:

At December 08, 2009 4:26 PM, Blogger slag said...

Mmmmm...Mexican food. Would hate to live without it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home