Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A 1965 teenager


As I've mentioned before, I don't believe that vinyl sounds better:  instead, I enjoy the ritual of it, plus imaging that the (used) LP I'm playing was listened to by someone else ten, twenty, thirty years ago.

Case in point:  today I picked up the Beatles album Help! -- not a reissue - for AU$25 (about US$20).  There's light scuffing (but no scratches), and the cover has some minor damage -- so it's not of "collectable" quality.  Still totally playable, of course. 

It's a good album -- I really like most of the songs (and the rest are good, as well:  no clunkers).  It's the third(?) CD I bought (at least among the first five):  #1 was a Devo live album, and #2 was Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever album.

I can imagine a teenager, 1965-ish, having saved up his or her allowance, sitting on the bedroom floor listening to this.

--GG

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home