Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Material Issue trumps Devo

Last night I working on a task at my computer, and was playing some YouTube music videos in the background for ambiance.  I ended up looking up some Material Issue videos -- and was reminded how much I enjoy their music.

Devo was my first "favorite band" (although I discovered The Cars and The Ramones at about the same time) -- but even though I really enjoy Devo (both their musicality and their quirkiness), I believe I like every single Material Issue song:  no filler.

They have slow songs, and fast songs.  And the lyrics are pretty good, too.







Sorry Devo.  But you're still in my Top Five.  :)


--GG


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home