Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Color of Seattle photographs

As I'd mentioned in an earlier blog entry, I'm slowly going through some snapshots of my (paternal) grandparents' house, and saving them as my PC desktops.

This photo is of my grandparents' back yard.  My grandfather built the chicken coop -- a long, long time ago.

This photo looks very "Pacific Northwest" to me:  the moss on the roof, the evergreen tree in the background -- and especially the lighting.  You can just... tell.


British murder mysteries often have the same kind of lighting.  Nice.  I've been told that I'd probably enjoy England, or Ireland.

Not sure what I'm doing in sunny, glare-y Brisbane, in Australia (some parts of Australia are overcast -- like Tasmania).  Besides, I mean, following my wife here.  :)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home