Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, April 06, 2015

My reivew of the Spongebob Squarepants movie

Saw the Spongebob Squarepants movie yesterday.  I actually like the cartoon series OK, so I was surprised how indifferent I was to this movie.

Put differently, this is the first “kids' movie” that I've seen in a **long** time that I **didn't** particularly like: usually I get dragged along, and despite my pessimism I am won over within the first few minutes. This time: nope.

Mostly, it seemed to go along without a destination: it wandered. And seemed to go on for longer than I liked. I actually dozed off a little, maybe at the 40% mark – I'm not sure.


But – the kids liked it. Unfortunately, all of the other “kids' movies” I've seen in the last few years are also enjoyable to me, as an adult. But not this one.


So: let the kids watch it – and they'll probably enjoy it. But the adults may as well leave the room.


-GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home