Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, April 12, 2015

It's OK

For me, weekends are "getting things done" time -- things that I don't have time to do during the week.  It's time to tidy up, do some yardwork, and be otherwise productive.

So, today (Sunday) I did a fair amount of yardwork -- although I also partially sawed a short log in half, so that it could dry without splitting.  (I've put the log back into water; I'll finish sawing it next week.)  And I exercised:  I don't particularly enjoy exercising -- but I like the result (i.e. getting stronger.  Eventually).

And I got dinner for the kids.

But.  I sat on the sofa and watched two episodes of As Time Goes By with The Girl -- an old show that she and I both enjoy.  And I watched an episode of Cupid online -- possibly my favorite t.v. show, and probably my favorite episode of that show.

So, that's about two hours I spent watching t.v. (so to speak), when I could've been productive with things around the house.  Like vacuuming.

But, you know what?  I enjoyed how I spent my time.  It made me happy.  And doing things that make me happy are as valid as "being productive". 


:)



--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home