Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lesson learned

One of the things about exercising is that I learn more about how my body works.

From past experience, I already knew that I feel crummy -- i.e. "nauseous" -- if I do a full-scale workout after being "away" for a while.  For example, back in Seattle I took a semester off from kung fu (I had a class that conflicted):  after the first kung fu class upon my return, I had to dash to the men's room and throw up.  Yep.

So, I prevent getting sick from exercising by doing one or two partial-intensity workouts in the week leading up to it

I've now learned something else:  if I'm working out and I drink diluted juice during the workout, instead of water, then afterwards I end up feeling crummy and throwing up.  Although doing sit-ups as part of the workout possibly didn't help.

So, OK -- I get it.  ;)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home