Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, December 11, 2014

I am on my break

Usually I run errands during my lunch break.  But, a few days ago I sat at my desk and checked e-mail.  To indicate I was on a break, I wore a hat.

A co-worker asked why I was wearing a hat:  was I cold?  Nope -- it symbolizes that I'm not slacking -- I'm off the clock.

He pointed out -- correctly -- that it doesn't successfully communicate that message, if no one knows what "wearing a hat" is supposed to mean.  Good point.

So, today, I used the power of language to clearly communicate my situation.




Curiously, three different co-workers took photos with their cell phones.  Lego Architect was kind enough to send me his copy.  :)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home