Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Coldplay

I guess everybody else in the world but me knows about the band Coldplay.

I'd heard the name, and YouTubed a few of their songs -- but I wasn't taken.

But then I heard the song "Viva la Viva", liked it, did a web search -- and then discovered that it was by Coldplay.

So then I read the Wikipedia page -- and discovered that they did the song "Clocks", and that backwards music video for "The Scientist".  Ah!  OK.  So I picked up their Viva la Vida or Death and All of His Friends album.  Pretty good.


It reminds me of in my youth, when my church youth group was on a road trip, and I listened to a Cars album -- probably Heartbeat City -- on cassette, on a friend's walkman.  With just about every song, I realized, "Ah!  This song I've been hearing on the radio -- it was by The Cars!"


It just takes me a while to pick up on these things.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home