Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Remarkably so

As I've mentioned before, one of the things I'm proud of is that despite being in my 40s, I'm still discovering new bands.  By ''new'', I mean bands that are breaking big and that kids these days appreciate.

One of the ways I try to stay open to new music is by listening to the radio.  On Thursday, I heard a song that I wrote in my notebook "Down to get down", "sleeping in my clothes", "we don't even have to try // it's always a good time'' and "sounds Owl City-ish.  Google the lyrics a few nights later -- and, yep -- it's a new Owl City song.

Dunno when I'll get the album.  But it's on my list.


There was also a song where the vocodored lyric ''Around the World'' kept repeating.  Yep:  Daft Punk.


--GG

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home