Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, July 23, 2012

My Facebook prediction

Supposedly, everyone out there has a doppelganger -- someone who looks just like him or her.

And supposedly, something like 80% of the English-speaking world (or some other impressively large proportion) has a Facebook profile.

And Facebook has facial recognition things -- where it says ''Hey, it looks like you're posting a photo of [name of person]. Would you like me to label it for you?''


Therefore -- it would be really clever of Facebook to have a doppleganger-sensing feature.  Click a button, and it returns a list of other Facebook people who look remarkably similar to you.


In the mid or late 1980s, when I was a teenager, I remember reading an article in the Seattle Times about some genius whiz-kid of advertising, in downtown Seattle.  The photo totally looked like me.  But when I thought to go back and cut out the article, I couldn't find it.

And I occasionally -- when I lived in Seattle -- had people who claimed that I looked familiar. 

Who knows.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home