Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Innovation

As I've mentioned before, I hate waste.  And, I'm a little cheap sometimes.  And, I like solving problems.

I have a pair of reading glasses that work just fine -- my eyeglass prescription has been the same for the last ten years or so.  But the coating on the earpieces wore out.  My solution was to use black shrink tubing (as used in electronics) to form a covering.

Around August 21st, the plastic ends of the earpieces finally came off.  My solution, the next evening, was to add another layer of shrink tubing -- this time, green -- purchased a few years ago, when visiting Old Roommate in the U.S.

Seems to work.  And, it now has some green.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home