Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sorry bookstore

While exploring the neighborhood of my new job posting, I came across a small bookstore.

Had a look.  In their ''Foreign Language'' section, didn't have Australian Sign Language (Auslan), so I asked at the front counter.

''No,'' the lady said.  ''But we can order it in for you.''


Sorry, modern-day bookstore.  The only advantage that non-internet stores have is that you can feel it hold it touch it browse it feel it, and take it home today.

If it involves ordering it, waiting for it, and having to come back -- if it involves buying it sight-unseen, don't know if it's the right size or not -- I know how to do that myself.  For cheaper.


''Ordering it in'' only works for people that don't know how to use the internet.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home