Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, May 19, 2012

My review of Sucker Punch movie

Well, I'm feeling a bit better.  Well enough to be bored with being ill, and so I went out and rented a DVD.


Sucker Punch was on my ''to watch'' list for a while.  Rented it; watched it.

It was ''o.k.''.  Not brilliant, in this post Matrix world.  Cartoon-ish violence, serviceable dialogue, don't remember if there was cussing or not.  Loads o' empty action.

Some sexual overtones that some people will find unsettling.

The narrative structure was kind of a story-within-a-story, but I found it a little disorienting.


Not horrible, and worth a rent if you enjoyed The Matrix and you can't think of anything else to rent.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home